Shinju-Kai Adult class is appropriate for students of all grades, above the age of 12 years old.
The Adult class aim to help the public lead a more active, healthy lifestyle and focus their energies on a skill which has physical, social and emotional benefits. It is for individuals of all ages (above 12years old), regardless of gender.
Aikido is based on the fundamental principles of harmony and mutual respect. Thus, friendship and camaraderie are fostered through practising the art and Shinju-kai’s teaching methodology.
Aikido provides the Practitioners with knowledge and skills that will enable them to defend themselves against an opponent of superior size and strength through the use of smooth, fluid and circular movements. It emphasises blending with an opponent’s force rather than meeting it head on. Through the practice of Aikido, individuals can develop character qualities and values such as self-confidence, discipline, respect, and a sense of care and concern for one another.
The class also aims to help Practitioners to better manage stress, violence or even work-related issues with a calm, peaceful and a more harmonious approach/mind-set. Thus, the benefits of Aikido go beyond merely physical fitness and can contribute towards the overall development of an individual.
“Through training, they will quickly realize that anger is a waste of energy, that it has only negative effects on the self and others.”
- Lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Promoting work-life balance.
- Learn to respect and care for one another.
- Increase mental resilience to better manage stress & violence with a calm mind.
- Improve alertness and bodily coordination.
- Bonding and strengthening of friendship, connecting with other students through Aikido philosophy and methodology.
- Discover your true self & finding satisfaction in life .
- Aikido is meant for everybody; and the goal of training is for us to become the best version of ourselves, on and off the mats.
Book a trial class now