Aikido – the Way of Harmony, is more suited for Ladies as compared to Men because of the nature and philosophy of Aikido. “To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace.”
It appeals to many people, because of the essence of Aikido which is to “love” your opponent and to win without violence and fighting. The focus of Aikido lies in having a strong mind rather than relying on physical strength. It is a class for ladies to build confidence and for those in pursuit of a new form of workout.
When a crime or violent act is being committed, you only have yourself as defense. You do not want to end up as a victim of violence.It aims to equip ladies with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to defend themselves against an opponent of superior size and strength through the use of smooth, fluid and circular movements. Learning to blend with an opponent’s force rather than meeting it head on.
The class also aims to help Ladies to better manage stress, violence and work-related issues with a calm, peaceful and a more harmonious approach/mindset. In addition to health and fitness benefits, Aikido’s philosophy and practice foster development of character such as self-confidence, discipline, respect, and a sense of care and concern for one another.
- Build confidence, self-esteem & develop character.
- A great form of workout and exercise to lose weight.
- Tones body, strengthen flexibility & improve bodily coordination.
- Learn to respect and care for one another.
- Improved reflexes and improved mood. The endorphins released by physical activity appear to be active in your body for as many as four hours after exercise.
- Better manage stress, violence or even work-life related issues with a calm, peaceful and a more harmonious approach/mindset.
- Learn soft, smooth, circular movements for practical self-defense.
Book a trial class now