How to Join
Aikido is a Japanese Modern Art of self-defense, also known as “the Art of Peace”. It is a non-violent and non-aggressive Japanese art that overcome any adversaries through the use of smooth, fluid and circular movements to defend oneself from an opponent of superior size and strength. It emphasizes on harmonizing with an opponent’s force rather than meeting it head on, defending oneself without injuring its attacker.
It is much more than simply a method of self-defence, because to the founder (Morihei Ueshiba), true victory is never just defeating one’s opponent, but the resolution of conflict within oneself. Over at ASK, our classes are suitable for all ages. Age is only a number; as long as you can move, you can do Aikido!
Terms and Conditions for Membership Application:
- Aikido Shinju-Kai is the organisation that conducts your Aikido lessons.
- Your current training place will be your Principal Dojo. All Principal Dojo training fees must be paid before the start of a new term.
- All students must sign the Deed of Waiver & Indemnity and return the form to your Instructors or Leaders immediately. No students are allowed to train without signing the form.
- All students must be member of Aikido Shinju-kai (except Guests and Visitors). Members will receive a membership booklet for recording grades, seminars and other details.
- A registration fee of $50 will include current year membership fee, a student handbook and membership book.
- Any member who leaves Aikido Shinju-Kai for more than 2 calendar years will have to reactivate one's current year membership fee. Reactivation fee is S$48.20 and pro-rated membership fee for the year.
- All payments must be made upon submission of application form.
- The age for children class is 5 to 12 years old.
- Membership is strictly not transferable nor refundable in the event of termination or revocation.
- Aikido Shinju-kai may revise the above terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- All Fees shown are GST inclusive, unless otherwise stated.
All overseas Aikido friends are welcome to visit and train at our dojos. Please email us so that we can recommend and direct you to a suitable dojo.
Guest session for oversea visitors: $35 unlimited training per day
Visiting ASK Dojos Overseas
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the details for training at our overseas dojos in China, Malaysia and Indonesia.